Sunday, November 29, 2009

Love, Digital-Style

Hello there! :)

I'm back with another teaser for the new MFT release, which goes LIVE this Wednesday, December 2 at 10 pm EST.

As part of this release, there are several new digi stamps being released, in addition to the normal super high-quality clear stamps that MFT normally offers.

One of those new digi stamps, Robot 2, inspired this card, which I think might be my favorite card I've made in a LONG time.




ACK!!! I know! Isn't this robot couple so cute you want to scream?!!! I have such a thing for robots. They just make me happy. Maybe it's because my hubby is a geek, so they make for easy obvious cards for him. Heheh

For the moon, I cut a large gray circle and popped it in to a Cuddlebug folder to give it a cratered moon look. Then I inked over the craters with shimmery white and silver ink to make it shine. Finally I glittered selected "craters" so that the card would really SHINE! :) I popped the moon on a glittery black and white polka-dot background to kind of abstractly simulate the night's sky. I don't know what the blue is supposed to represent. I just looked right! ;)

I started to stitch neatly around the edges, but then my sewing machine went wonky (that's been happening a lot lately!), and the needle actually BROKE OFF in my card. So to fix that mess, I just decided to crazy stitch around the edge instead. I think it works. I love happy accidents!


Here's a close-up of that moon:




And a side view, so you can see the shimmer a bit more:




And here's that adorable robocouple. :) I wish you could see me -- I'm grinning from ear to ear. This couple makes me want to go give my hubby a big smooch (but the lazy bones is still in bed!).




I colored the robots with Copic Markers and then went over selected parts with Copic Spicas and Glossy Accents. This whole card really shimmers and shines!

Supplies:
Stamps: Robot 2 and Love Machine, by MFT
Papers: Papertrey Ink's White, Heather Gray Cardstock, Pink Cardstock, Bazzill Bling Tiara (for card base), DP by My Mind's Eye and Doodlebug Designs
Inks: Memento Black, Brilliance White, Brilliance Silver, Colorbox Cyan
Accessories: Copic Markers, Copic Spica Pens, Glossy Accents, Sewing Machine, Chipboard Letter "Thickers" by American Crafts, Cuttlebug Folder, White Gel Pen, Sparkling Ice Glitter

Be sure to check out Kim's blog after 11 am EST today. She'll have links to all the other things the design team has been making with this and other digi stamps and with our newest Flopsey! :)

Enjoy your day! Thanks for dropping by!

13 comments:

Lisa H. said...

ACK!!!! this new digi set is to die for! love, love, LOVE it here! and your moon is fabulous!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Love this card Kathy!! The stitching is perfect! Super cute!

Chris said...

this card is fabulous, I love the colors, the moon is great and the robo couple is adorable.

Julie Dinn said...

Very Cute Kathy! I love what you did with the moon! So cool!

Erin Smetak said...

How sweet!!!! I LOVE your card! And the stitching looks like you wanted it to be that way! LOL! I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say anything! Love the moon too! Those robots are just so cute! Your whole card just ROCKS!

Kim said...

LOVE this Kathy! Awesome!

raduse said...

Oh my gosh Kathy! What an awesome moon you made!

Kerry J. said...

Fabulous Kathy!! I love how your robots have just a smidge of blue and pink - beautifully blended! Your moon is awesome and I like the crazy stitching - happy accident!

Kristie said...

Neat card!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO cute, Kathy! I love that big ol' moon!

Melody said...

This is REALLY a fabulous card! I just love eveything about it! So many wonderful details.

Amy Sheffer said...

Dang, girl, you da BOMB!! AMAZING card!

Cin said...

I just discovered digi stamps yesterday. So what exactly do you do with them? Do you just print them on cardstock and then colour them with copic markers? I don't have copics only watercolour and my printer won't handle the heavy cardstock so that's why I'm a bit confused as to what I'm supposed to do with digistamps. Help!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails